Program Structure & Content
The Davis Dyslexia program is designed to fill in the blanks in reading.
Tailored to respond to each client`s individual needs, the program is theessayclub.com delivered on a one-to-one basis through an intensive program of 30* hours, normally over five consecutive days in the presence of a support person * * (for some or all of the program as per the Client`s wishes).
The program – whether for children or adults – comprises the following:
- An initial consultation of 2-3 hours to evaluate the client`s strengths and weaknesses and to establish whether a Davis program could respond to the client`s needs, or not. This assessment is not an equivalent to an educational psychologists report and does not substitute a statement of special educational needs. Instead it allows us to tailor an eventual program exactly to each client`s specific needs.
- An intensive program of 30 hours * * during which time the Davis tools needed to correct the symptoms of dyslexia are transmitted gradually to the client, enabling him/her to:-
- Consciously control their perception and attention
- Master the building blocks of reading (letters, punctuation and words) which are the source of confusion triggering the dyslexic symptoms (disorientation)
- Provide strategies for improving reading, spelling and hand-writing
- Master techniques to reduce and eliminate stress, tension and frustration
- Manage/adjust his/her energy levels appropriate to any situation
- Improve time management / performance under time-pressure
- Improve balance/co-ordination
- Following the program the client is then supported by
- Two to three follow-up consultations by Skype, or telephone
- Up to six hours of face-to-face Program Review follow-up sessions either by Skype, FaceTime or face-to-face (as needed) to facilitate and fine-tune the follow up work at home.
- Clients also receive the Davis® kit for Symbol Mastery at home
- * Additional time can occasionally be necessary which is planned by appointment in accordance with the clients needs
- ** The support person remains present throughout all or just some of the program – dependent upon the client`s wishes. The support person`s role is to then provide support and encouragement through the follow-up work at home.
- *** Program timetables can be adjusted to accommodate school/work commitments but would need to be delivered over a maximum of a two-three week period for continuity, with the first 15 hours in the first week and a minimum of 6-8 hours each week thereafter.
If you would like to have an assessment, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for a `no strings attached confidential chat` or book an assessment by filling in and submitting the form below
Phone + 41 (0) 79 917 2133
The Davis Dyslexia Correction Program
The Davis Dyslexia Correction Program Key Aspects
The Davis Dyslexia Correction program is suitable for children age 8 and over, and adults of any age. Licensed Davis providers have successfully worked with with many individuals over age 70.
The program typically includes 30 hours of one-on-one work over a 5-day period. Before starting the program, the Davis provider performs a Perceptual Ability Assessment, an exercise that helps determine whether the student has innate visual conceptualization skills often tied to dyslexia.
The results a client can expect to achieve are:
- An `off-switch` for disorientation
- Improved and sustained attention
- Reduction in undesirable symptoms
- Improved reading, spelling and hand-writing
- Improved learning capacities
- Clear understanding of their individual capacities and gift
Professional services described as Davis®, including Davis® Dyslexia Correction, Davis® Symbol Mastery, Davis® Orientation Counseling, Davis® Attention Mastery, Davis® Math Mastery, and Davis® Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.